SERVPRO of East Nashville, Madison, Goodlettsville Easy Steps to take to prepare for a storm
Preparing for a storm in Nashville Tennessee isn’t just watching the news, and waiting to see when it is going to hit - and when it is going to be done.
SERVPRO of East Nashville, Madison, Goodlettsville recommends that you do some simple precautions in order to lessen the effect that a storm can have on you and your most valuable asset, your home & business.
Some of the concerns and preparations you need to be aware of during a storm or preparing for a storm are:
- High Winds
- Heavy Rain
- Moving & Falling debris
- Your home and business insurance
- Emergency Contact
With all of these in mind SERVPRO of East Nashville recommends a few easy tips for storm preparation:
- Inspect and ensure that loose objects and items around your home or business are put away or tightened down. High Winds can cause those items to shift, and be damaged during storm events in our area.
- Make sure that drainage systems are cleared and properly working. Unfortunately, many individuals in the Nashville area fall victim to improper drainage that can result in overflowing, flooding, and damage to your property.
- Inspect your property and business for any loose items including but not limited to shingles, roof tiles, siding. Heavy rain and winds can have a negative impact on these items and increase damage to your property. This includes trees and natural environmental ornaments around your home or business. Loose branches, rotted trees, and plants can become detrimental to your property, or become damaged in storms.
- Make sure you speak with your insurance agent prior to a storm event. It is better to have that talk prior to a storm, rather than after.
- Have an emergency kit readily available for you and your family/friends. In the event of a storm, if something was to happen, and first aid was needed, it is a good idea, to have that readily available.
- Stay tuned to local news, and monitoring stations. You want to be aware of what is happening with the storm and where it is heading. The more information you have, the better.
At SERVPRO of East Nashville, Madison, Goodlettsville our number 1 concern is your safety and making sure you are prepared. However, if you have any questions about the damage that may have occurred at your home or business due to a storm - please do not hesitate to reach out to SERVPRO (615) 488-8670.